Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Utah

While Matt was away on yet another business trip, Gavin & I decided to drive down to UT and spend some time with our family & friends there. Thankfully Matt was able to coordinate his trip so that he would fly to UT instead of LV and then drive back with us. It was awesome being able to have Matt there for a few days of vacation with us.


We had such a good time in UT! Grandma & Grandpa (or as G would say Ama & Bapa)Wiscombe's house is a BLAST! There house looked like a toy store at the end of every day. Gavin was loving every moment. He had fun on their trampoline...we put the water under it, which he loved, and then some trucks were brought out...bonus...and then a popsicle! He was in heaven! Gav enjoyed picking and eating all the yummy tomatoes and black berries he could find out of the garden. He's already becoming picky about his veggies & fruits. He wants them fresh.


I don't know if you can see it, but there is a scorpion inside that lollipop. Nasty. But Gavin thought it was awesome. Walking around asking for the bug. I finally had to throw it out while he wasn't looking because I couldn't even stomach the thought of him actually getting to the scorpion part. And then that beautiful baby boy is Gavin's newest cousin, Seth. He adores Baby Seth!!! It was so cute to watch Gavin with him. Those are two extremely cute boys!


Grandma had some delicious ginger bread men that Gavin got to decorate. That was his first time decorating a cookie. These cookies were huge! Oh, and they were so good!


Giving loves to Baby Seth. He was always wanting to kiss him & hold him. Gavin would practically crawl up in Seth's jumper and give him kisses. It was so darn cute! Every night before Gavin goes to bed he asks me over and over again if Baby is going to sleep to. I have to keep reassuring him that he is sleeping. That seems to make it alright for Gavin to go to sleep.


Grandma brought out this horse that all of her kids had rode while they were growing up and Gavin loved it! Surprisingly he was brave on it. It only took one smack to the face for him to learn how to ride it without busting his lip or nose. He eventually started riding it standing up and he thought it was funny to "fall" off the horse. I wasn't the biggest fan of that game, but he thought it was great. He looked so big riding that horse. :(

I got to see my beautiful friend Brittish. She has an adorable daughter, but none of my pictures of the two of them turned out...so sad. They were playing in a play place thingy & it is seriously impossible to get good shots in those places! Hopefully she did better than me with her camera. But we always have a blast whenever we see them. love you! miss you!
And how could we go to UT without doing a little bit of rock climbing?! That would be wrong. So these are some pictures from some of Matt's climbs. What a stud he is. He is getting so good! The picture on the bottom left corner is kind of hard to see, but if you look closely that is Matt way up there!
Me on my climb. It was so much fun! I like that climb a lot. Probably because it was so easy.


Matt & Nate giving high fives in the middle of their climbs. My brother Michael & I. Me and the ladies. And the boys being funny.

Me being attacked by my husband
We had so much fun that day! I want to go back.

Thanks everyone for making our trip so much fun! And for putting up with us for so long. We can't wait to come back for another visit!

7 comments:

heather {WhipperBerry} said...

You guys are just too cool!!

Kara said...

You guys are so lucky that you get to spend so much time away, with family and friends. I never see you! Gavin is going to be a model, he's so stylin' and so handsome! And that's so sweet that he loves his baby cousin. Maybe he's trying to tell you guys something (j/k!)

The Bradley Family said...

What a fun week! Man I think I am going to come live with you guys you are always having so much fun. Gavin is a lucky little guy to ahve have such cool parents. That kid is just so photogenic it's too cute for words!

The Mulford Family said...

Hey girl!!
Your wish is my command :)lol
Ya I can e-mail them to ya...we really do miss you guys like crazy.

Becki R said...

It looks like you had a good trip! Do you ever just stay home?! Just kidding! But it looks like you have a great family! That makes life even better, doesn't it?

Wiscombes said...

Yes,..we cannot wait till you come back again. We started missing you as soon as your car headed out of sight out of the culdesac. You better come back and get the tonka truck Halloween basket so Gavin can go trick or treating. Oh, and he left some pants and a t-shirt. Yep, ya better turn around and come back. We love you!!!!!

Michelle said...

Julie, I love reading about your life! It sounds so fun and perfect and I wish we lived closer.

FYI I just changed my blog address to: thechecksmix.blogspot.com

Love you!
michelle