I've been attempting to post a lot lately so that I could feel like I'm catching up on our crazy (but fabulous) lives. I'm almost all caught up. Although it does seem like that I never will be because something new is always happening and cute pictures are always being taken. I will do my best.
Okay, so for our 4th of July wkend we decided to meet up with some of our friends in Moab and go camping. It was a blast, minus the mosquitoes that were eating us alive and the blizzards of cotton. Gavin really didn't care much for either, screaming anytime something flew or floated by him. But being outdoors is always a blast. Matt & I are already planning our next camping adventure. We're so excited!
I suppose that I will start off with our first full day there, the 4th of July. We went on a couple of hikes that morning and saw some of the infamous arches. Gavin really enjoyed "climbing" around and throwing rocks. He loved pointing out every flower, cactus, and lizard. After a while everyone started trying to catch the lizards so Gavin could get an up close look.
After a little bit of hiking we were all sweating up a storm so we decided to head over to this place where you can hike in and swim...and apparently cliff dive. Again, so much fun. So we did a little bit of swimming & cliff diving. Sadly I didn't get to jump very many times because Gavin really wasn't to fond of watching me climb up there and then jump off. But it was still a blast and I can't wait to go back!
.jpg)
.jpg)

We were all so exhausted from our days adventures that when it came time to watch the fireworks we could barely keep our eyes open. All of us were almost asleep by the time the "big" finale was happening. Oh yeah, in the top left corner of this collage...everyone is collecting cotton from our campsite (it seriously looked like it had snowed or like a scary amount of spiderwebs) and making designs and then lighting it on fire. Let me tell ya, Matt was like a little boy all over again. It was pretty funny to watch & I have to admit kind of cool.

I will have to do all the other pictures another day. There are still quite a few from our fun wkend. So stay tuned.



4 comments:
You guys seriously know how to have fun! How lucky is Gavin to be part of all these adventures! Moab is beautiful!
Cliff jumping is the best. We are going to have to plan our trip to East Forks so our men have the chance to experience the thrill! I loved seeing you, Bug. It's bittersweet because now I miss you more.
Well all I can say is you do great posts! Pictures were great and the narrative too. We miss you and wish we could see you more. When it gets cooler in the fall you will have to come out and climb around Valley of Fire. How cute can one little boy get! Love you all. xoxoxoxoxo
Thanks for posting your Moab trip. How fun it looked! Gavin is lucky to have such fun parents. He is going to have alot of fun pictures, and memories. Are you sure he wouldn't like a brother or sister to go on these trips with him? Just had to throw that it. We love you all.
Dad Wiscombe
Post a Comment